PHP Dashboard overview
PHP dashboard is a dashboard visualization tool written in PHP which generates PHP source code for your dashboard and can be used in PHP application. PHP dashboard tool is a PHP based application built in the most common and widely used in open source community Apache + PHP + MySQL + Free Charting Engine, which is designed with drag-and-drop and ease-of-use at top of the mind, and customizable in a number of ways with no programming skills required.
Generate Dashboard PHP code without programming
PHP Dashboard supports a variety of different charts that include but not limited to line chart, scatter chart, bar chart, pie chart, donuts chart, bubble chart, stack chart, area chart, heatmap chart, Sankey diagram maker, and choropleth map etc. All these are D3.js based dynamic SVG chart. You may like to see D3.js based dynamic PHP Dashboard Example live. PHP Dashboard can be used to create either static or real-time database-driven dashboards with data coming from a variety of sources such as MySQL, MS SQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, Sybase and Cubrid with no programming required. A part of the community, Dashboard Builder is designed to integrate with a PHP application you may be using and also to import data from MS Excel and CSV files.
The PHP code generated for dashboards is mobile friendly and is fully HTML5 responsive using Bootstrap frameworks intelligently. It automatically responds to the user's behavior and environment based on media's screen size, platform, and orientation and makes the dashboard render well on a huge variety of devices and window or screen sizes such as mobile phones, tablets and PC.
As we know, PHP is a well-known, most famouse and widely used open source, server-side scripting language for creating dynamic websites and interaction with database such as MySQL. In the following tutorial of PHP MySQL dashboard, we are going to create a PHP dashboard without writing a single code with drag and drop features of Dashboard Builder.
PHP dashboard examples
In our PHP Dashboard example, we will create Dashboard PHP and will be connecting Dashboard PHP MySQL database, fetching data and creating a dynamic dashboard through a drag and drop tool and then, generate Dashboard PHP source code for our web application. For this, we will be demonstrating with our freel available, open-source drag and drop based Dashboard Builder. To install and run the PHP Dashboard, following are the requirements.
PHP Dashboard framework can be installed in any platforms like Windows, Linux and Ubuntu or any other platforms support Apache, Nginx etc.
- PHP Version 5.6 or later
- Apache 2 or later
- Windows 7 or later /Linux 3 or later
- Firefox 52, Chrome 57, IE 8
There is a Free version of PHP Dashboard available for trial bases,
- You can download dashboard PHP code fromDownload Dashboard Builder
- Place the files in a directory on the web server. e.g.
- Unzip the file dashboard.php using Extract Here option to the root folder of "dashboardbuilder"
PHP Dashboard Template
Our PHP dashboard template is using Bootstrap framework, D3.js and HTML5 which gives you a fully responsive and dynamic dashboard. With these great PHP dashboard tool you can create interactive database driven HTML5 and D3.js based dynamic dashboard and generate source code for your PHP application in a minute. The PHP dashboards created with this great tool are fully responsive and fit to any device you use. You can access your dashboards from anywhere, any time, on any standard browsers using any device such as PC, tablet or mobile phone.
PHP Dashboard tutorial
How to create dashboard in PHP?
Before we get started with how to create dynamic dashboard in PHP and connect it to the database to fetch the data, we have to make sure that our PHP Server (like Apache, Nginx, etc) is configured to display files in the folder which will contain dashboard. Read-Write permission to the folders and sub-folders of dashboardbuilder i.e chmod -R 777 dashbboardbuilder-v3-FREE. Check your browser inspector/console to make sure that there isn't any error being reported, and all the Dashboard Builder files are being loaded properly. In the following steps, we will see how to create dashboard in PHP step by step.
- Connect PHP dashboard with MySQL database
- Enter SQL Query statement
- Select X and Y axis
- Adjust your chart
- Generate PHP dashboard source code
STEP-1: Connect PHP dashboard with MySQL database
- Run the web folder in your browser. e.g. http://localhost/dashboardbuilder following welcome screen will appear.
- Now click the Database icon
- Following screen will appear. In our PHP dashboard example, we will use a sample MySQL database called Northwind.db to connect with PHP MySQL Dashboard and fetch the data. Now, select database from data source tab. Select MySQL from the drop down list of database, enter your
"northwind"in the DB name field and Save changes as mentioned in the screen.
- When you click the save changes, a green tick mark with database will appear that shows that your database is successfully connected.
This great PHP dashboard tool gives you the freedom to connect to the diversity source of databases using PDO an acronym for Data Objects and the most consistent way to access databases in PHP application. As stated in the overview, this great Dashboard PHP MySQL Open Source supports all major databases such as MySQL, MS SQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, Sybase, and Cuboid. But this is not the limit, if you have a data in Excel or in CSV file, this great PHP dashboard is also able to fetch data from these sources using the upload sub-tab as shown in the picture above.
STEP-2: Enter SQL Query statement
- After successfully connect to the database, we will retrieve data from Northwind.db in our next step.
- Select the gear icon.
- A pop-up screen and a list of the tables from Northwind.db will appear on the table list as shown in the picture below.
Our PHP dashboards have a powerful Query Builder and a smart SQL statement builder tool for quick and easy writing of complex SQL queries without manual code writing which is designed to simplify the retrieving of data from the database.
- When you click on the table, a default SQL statement will appear on the SQL statement box, which you may modify as per your need.
- You can add up to 10 SQL statements simultaneously to retrieve data from different tables.
- In our example, we will be creating a simple PHP application for our sale's management. This PHP dashboard will contain a chart where users can find the sales stats and maintain the data about the products.
- Now, enter the following SQL statement in text box in a following manner
SELECT strftime('%Y-%m',o.shippeddate) as xaxis, sum(d.quantity) as yaxis from `order details` d, orders o where o.orderid = d.orderid group by strftime('%Y-%m',o.orderdate) limit 50
- Now, we want to execute our query and fetch the data from the tables. Click the Run Query button
STEP-3: Select X and Y axis
- Query result will appear. Now, we have to assign x-axis data to the x-axis column and y-axis data to the y-axis column. Select your x-axis data from the drop down list of X , and y-axis data from the drop down list of Y .
- Click Save Changes
- Charts will be appeared on the screen as shown below.
STEP-4: Adjust your chart
- You may adjust the size and the position of the Chart Panel by dragging its corner. The size and position are fully responsive according to the Bootstrap framework
STEP-5: Generate PHP dashboard source code
- So far we have successfully build our dashboard. In this step we are going to generate PHP dashboard source code we have just created. Click the Generate button to auto-generate PHP dashboard source code for our PHP application
PHP dashboard sample code:
- PHP dashboard source code for the chart will automatically generate, you may copy past this script of dashboard PHP to your PHP application.
PHP dashboard source code
PHP dashboard sample code:
Dashboard Open Source PHP
This auto-generated coding dashboard PHP source code is under MIT license, which you may customize as per your desire needs and can be used anywhere you want. You can find the complete information about the license here for dashboard code in PHP.
In our example on how to make dashboard in PHP code for dashboard application, we have seen how to create dynamic dashboard in PHP without programming. Now we have a PHP script for dashboard which can be used with any web application that was customized to fit the requirements of the web design. The project also offers free and paid plans. You can also find Dashboard in PHP & MySQL free download version. This PHP dashboard source code can also be found on GitHub under this license for PHP Dashboard Open Source Community.
Best of all, with our Standard and Enterprise licenses include 100% source code, for you to enhance the functionality or incorporate PHP Dashboard into your web application or any PHP software solutions/products, analytics/data science/data warehouse enterprise systems or Joomla, Wordpress or Drupal sites.
All editions of our PHP Dashboard series are still fully functional, for sale and supported and provides increasing levels of support to address the queries of users and developers.
PHP Dashboard can also be implemented using an online API where you don’t have to mix with PHP dashboard source code. The online API uses universal HTML code which can be used in any platform. The data will be added or retrieved from the database using the API. You may find more information about the Online Dashboard.
You may want to take a look at our complete documentation and video tours of the latest version along with a live tour of user interface and step by step instructions for performing key features of Dashboard source code in PHP series.